Google Analytics Site Speed Metrics
- Average Domain Lookup Time
- Average Server Response Time
- Average Server Connection Time
- Average Redirection Time
- Average Page Download Time
- Average Document Content Loaded Time
- Average Document Interactive Time
- Average Page Load Time – This is the most critical of all speed metrics, since it measures the total amount of time to load the page completely.
- Page Load Sample
Example Site Speed Report
Account: mason office of communications and marketing
View: [PROD] Default 2.0 (2017-06-25)
Report (custom): Landing Pages Speed Details
Date Range: 2017-06-25 – Now
Graph: Entrances vs. Avg. Page Load Time
Note the increased page load times on Sundays. This must be our maintenance window.
Saturdays are actually our lowest-traffic day. Perhaps the maintenance window should be on Saturday.
Graph: Entrances vs. Avg. Domain Lookup Time
Note differences in chart. There are a couple of days outside of the scheduled maintenance window (Aug. 16 & Aug. 25) that resulted in increased domain lookup time.
Graph: Entrances vs. Avg. Page Download Time
Note differences in chart. July 9 had increased page downloads times that probably accounted for most of the increase in average page load time for that date.
Filter: Include -> Entrances -> Greater than -> 10,000 (about 1% of entrances for this time period)
This will allow you to sort by page timings while limiting the display to only the most important pages.