New Websites in Mason Google Analytics Roll-Up
Below are the new websites (hostnames) showing-up the in Mason Google Analytics Roll-Up since our last meeting:
|Hostname||Business Unit||Import Date|
- Thanks to University Life and CVPA!
- What is itsra.gmu.edu?
Business Units Overview
- As the participation of Mason websites in the Mason Google Analytics Roll-Up increases, we are getting a more accurate picture of our web presence.
- Custom report: Business Units Overview
Account: Mason Google Analytics Roll-Up
Property: Mason Google Analytics Roll-Up
View: [PROD] Mason: Roll-Up 2.0 (2015-12-08)
- University Life sites were recently indexed to their business unit. Now we know that University Life is the biggest segment of our web presence behind the core website.
- However, many areas are still under-represented in the Mason Google Analytics Roll-Up (e.g Volgenau).
New Goal Set-Up: Undergraduate Request Information Form Submissions
Undergraduate request information form completions are now being tracked as a goal in the Mason Google Analytics Roll-Up.
Mason GTM Template Container Changes
- The Mason Google Tag Manager template container can be found at: https://masonanalytics.gmu.edu/mason-gtm-templates/
- Since our last meeting, I have mode slight modifications regarding the cross-domain tracking setup. Specifically, I removed the gmu.edu domain from the cross-domain tracking list to avoid GA adding unnecessary query parameters when linking between gmu.edu websites. (Surprisingly, GA will add cross-domain tracking parameters to links to other gmu.edu websites even if you are already on gmu.edu.)
- If you have implemented the GTM template container, please update it.
Mason Shortlink Service?
- I would suggest the possibility of setting up a centralized Mason-branded URL shortlink service.
- This would be particularly helpful for setting-up redirect/vanity URLs for offline marketing (e.g. print ads, radio ads, etc.) and would give us the benefit of shortlinks while reinforcing the Mason brand.
- Many units don’t have the ability to set-up redirects on their server(s).
- I would love to get http://ma.sn or http://mas.on. Unfortunately neither of these will work. (‘SN’ TLD is the country code for Senegal, but the Senegal TLD requires domain names to have a minimum of three characters. There is no ‘ON’ TLD.
- Something memorable and easy to remember/type would be good for radio ads (gomason.com is taken, but this is a good example of a memorable domain name).