I met with a representative from the School of Business to review their Google Tag Manager implementation, among other things.
I discussed with her:
- why we use Google Tag Manager,
- why we use the Mason Standard GTM container,
- how we manage custom website-specific tracking within the context of the Mason Standard GTM container,
- how we manage tracking items added by third parties (in this case, Wiley) within the context of the Mason Standard GTM container,
- how Google Tag Manager works,
- where to find additional GTM training resources.
We also practiced modifying the GTM container. In this case we added tracking of expandable content areas on their website – which had not been set-up previously – and we had School of Business publish that change to the container.
And we discussed the possibility of adding custom tracking of their ‘Request Information’ forms on their website.
I also recommended that they audit their users and levels-of-access in their Google Analytics account.